Springboard Community Works is a faith based charity in North Rodney that has been working with young people and their families since 2002.
Our mission is to work with vulnerable young people and families within our community, to empower them with essential truths, skills, and mentors to facilitate personal transformation whilst increasing connection to the community.
Springboard highly values its employees and sees them as our greatest asset. The varied and many roles within Springboard bring people of various skills and abilities and we have a respect for one other’s role. Staff members are part of a strong, supportive and encouraging team which is part of Springboard’s founding culture.
For further information about our vacancies, please contact us
You will need to be a qualified and experienced Social Worker, either registered or eligible to be registered with the NZ Social Work Registration Board.
An ability to cover in a SWiS role if needed would be beneficial.
To be successful in your application you will be:
- Passionate about seeing positive life change for New Zealand’s young people.
- Ideally have a number of years working in the community with young people and their families.
- Able to work effectively with all cultures.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong people skills.
- Responsible for delivering and reporting outcomes.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently whilst being a strong ‘team player’.
You will also need a full New Zealand driver’s license and good computer skills.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Previous applicants need not apply.
Reporting to the Futureworks Team Leader, you will be energetic, caring, passionate and enthusiastic, with a genuine desire to see young people in our community succeed. You will be working with young men aged 16 to 18 – helping them with goals, education focus, mentoring, life skills and work placement. You will be a positive role model reflecting integrity and healthy life choices who is able to work in a team environment but also be self motivated.
Springboard is a faith based charity that has been empowering young people and their families to build a better future since 2002. Our mission is to work with young people within our community who need extra help and support, to empower them with essential truths, skills, and mentors to facilitate personal transformation whilst increasing connection to their community.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Interviewing and enrolling young people into the Futureworks service.
- Coaching young people 1 on 1 to identify their goals and provide the support and pathways to achieve them.
- Working with young people individually and in a group setting within local schools promoting higher and sustainable learning.
- Keeping up to date records on individual plans.
To apply please email your CV, along with a covering letter telling us why you would be great in this role, to: email@example.com